Education and training with Wellcome Connecting Science to support your genomics career
Accelerating discovery science | Building global communities of practice | Transforming careers
Are you a PhD student, researcher, clinician, or healthcare professional, working in genomics and looking for additional training and education opportunities, or a platform to discuss the latest developments in your field?
The Wellcome Connecting Science learning and training programme is here to support you achieve your career goals; helping you connect and engage with experts and peers across the globe.
You will receive FREE information on all our events and career opportunities, across our three core programme areas:
- Human health: discovery research to implementation.
- Human-environment interaction: how society and the environment interact with one another.
- Emerging genomics tools and technologies: species agnostic learning and training.
Join our community and benefit like Dr Polly Yap
Alumni: Dr Polly Yap, Postdoctural Research Fellow, Monash University, Malaysia.
Participant on: Wellcome Connecting Science Antimicrobial Resistance in Bacterial Pathogen course, held in Bangkok in February 2023.
This is a zenith in my budding, early-stage researcher career. Wellcome Connecting Science, connecting the dots, connecting people!
Dr Polly Yap, Postdoctural Research Fellow, Monash University, Malaysia
Our reach is not limited by geography - connecting people and expertise across regions
Based on the Wellcome Genome Campus in the UK, we draw on the research from the world-renowned Wellcome Sanger Institute, to develop and deliver learning and training opportunities across the globe, including Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
We strongly believe in providing platforms for knowledge sharing, networking, and skills development that are equitable and tailored to specific needs, regardless of geographical constraints.
What you need to know!
- We work with over 500 global collaborators each year.
- Our Learning and Training team leverage their own scientific expertise to develop the programme.
- We deliver 60 genomics-focused events, across a range of accessible platforms.
- Hybrid conferences for knowledge exchange and networking.
- Training courses for advanced skills development and building knowledge communities.
- Online learning to build core knowledge and skills capacity.
Join our community and experience first-hand our opportunities for growth, learning, and networking!
What you can expect from us
Whatever career stage you are at, our courses and conferences offer multiple benefits to accelerate your genomics career, including:
- Platform(s) to share your own research on a global stage;
- Forum(s) to discuss the latest science in your field;
- Opportunities to hear a diversity of research from across the globe;
- Opportunities to meet and network with globally leading scientists and multidisciplinary peers;
- Make personal connections and find collaborators to support new research;
- Advanced skills development using the latest genomics tools and techniques in biomedicine;
- The application of tools and techniques are taught from a regional perspective;
- Funding support through bursaries and a carer’s grant scheme;
- Join a community of practice for continued learning and support beyond a single event.
Hear from our 2022 Single Cell Biology delegates on the benefits of our knowledge sharing events.
If you are a PhD student, researcher, clinician, or healthcare professional, working in genomics and looking for additional training and education opportunities, or a platform to discuss the latest developments in your field, complete the form below to receive FREE information on:
- Opportunities to discuss the latest developments in your scientific field;
- Opportunities to present your own research on a global stage;
- Training in the latest genomics tools and techniques;
- Funding schemes to support your next learning or training opportunity;
- Resources to support your genomics career;
- Opportunities to join our many global communities of practice.
Be the first to hear how you can register to attend one of our conferences, or apply for a place on one of our training courses.